Information for reporting health incidents prior to 15 January 2018
From 15 January 2018, for department-funded organisations and registered Victorian NDIS providers of disability and psychosocial supports, the new client incident management system (CIMS) applies.
When did the CIMS commence?
The CIMS commenced from 15 January 2018.
Which health services does the CIMS apply to?
- aged care and carer's support services
- alcohol and drug treatment services
- community palliative care services
- home and community care (HACC) services for people aged under 65 and under 50 for Aboriginal people
- mental health community support services (MHCSS)
- sexual health prevention services
The Client incident management guide replaces the (former) Department of Health, Incident Reporting Instruction - May 2013.
Find out more about the CIMS
The CIMS webpage has more information about the CIMS, including the policy, link to the incident report webform and client incident register, fact sheets, implementation guidance, learning and development materials and IT requirements.
For assistance with the CIMS, refer to resources within the CIMS webpage or email CIMS@dhhs.vic.gov.au. Stakeholders using their own IT reporting system and submitting incidents via the application program interface should continue to speak with their IT vendor.
For incident reports prior to 15 January 2018