The changes to the service agreement include a streamlined Service Agreement Requirements document, which will replace the Service Agreement Information Kit (SAIK). This comes in line with recommendations from the Victorian Auditor General Office's audit report into contract management capability (2018). Key department priorities now included in the service agreement are as follows:
- The addition of a new Recital acknowledging the department and funded agencies support for embedding Aboriginal self-determination in order to improve Aboriginal people's health and well-being;
- The addition of a new Recital for the department's acknowledgement of funded organisation's independence, own governance frameworks and requirements;
- Inclusion of requirements to implement the Betrayal of Trust recommendations for all funded organisations to be incorporated and appropriately insured against child abuse where the organisation is providing direct services to children;
- Expanded data security obligations and breach notification requirements in line with the Victorian Protective Data Security Framework and Standards.
- Agreements for Disability services will be extended to 30 June 2022 to comply with the Disability Act.
Further information is available in the new Service agreement and Service Agreement Requirements tiles on the Funded Agency Channel.
Please note that the new service agreement (from January 2020 to June 2024) will be available in the Service Agreement Module via the Contracts tab as of January 1 2020.