A service agreement is a legal contract between a government department and a funded organisation for delivery of services in the community on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services.
The service agreement defines the contractual arrangements between organisations funded to deliver services in the community and the Department of Health and Human Services (the department) who provides funding for this.
The service agreement was developed through extensive consultation with the sector through the Service Agreement Working Group which comprises sector and departmental representatives. The sector consultation was led by the Victorian Council of Social Service.
The service agreement runs for the term 1 January 2020 to 30 June 2024.
The service agreement provides the details about the parameters of the contract between the funded organisation and the department including:
- Details of the parties to the service agreement
- Services being delivered including the individual activities and relevant activity descriptions
- Applicable departmental policies including the Service Agreement Requirements and program requirements
- Funding summary and payment schedule
- Agreement level information.
Sample service sgreements for 2020-2024 which include the new terms and conditions are available under ‘Sample service agreements.’